RUTGERS FOOTBALL CAMP 2009
Last year 45 players from the Connetquot Football Program attended the University of Connecticut Football Camp. This year the Uconn camp has switched to a contact camp requiring helmets and shoulder pads. Therefore this year, for any players interested, we are planning on attending the Rutgers University Football Camp. This camp runs from June 28th through July 1st.
In the past summers many players have attended different camps at different locations. Last year was the first time we have attended a summer camp as a team. We decided to do this because we felt it provided several benefits. First, by registering as a team we receive a discounted price for the camp. Also, it provides a great opportunity for team bonding and chemistry. Players get to practice and build there skills with their teammates. Players compete in competitions and 7-on-7 tournaments as a team. It provides exposure for our players with coaches from many colleges at all levels (DI, DII, & DIII). Finally, it provides the opportunity for our players to get away from home and experience a big time university program and campus.
Unfortunately, the cost of the camp is not cheap. With the team discount it is $300 per camper (this cheaper than Uconn though). This does not include transportation. Last year many parents got together and organized a coach bus to provide transportation to and from the camp at an additional cost of $50.
This camp is in no means mandatory. It is completely optional for players that want to attend. Also, it is important to understand that this is not a school sponsored trip. While at the camp the players are under the supervision and care of the camp staff. Coaches from our program will attend the camp, but only as guests of the Rutgers University Football Camp.
Registering for the camp will be different from last year as well. When registering as a team they require that paperwork for all the team members be sent in together. Therefore, there will be a meeting sometime late in May (time & date TBA) where all paperwork and payments will be collected and then sent in together.
Listed is a summary of some of the important points of information. Hopefully this helps to answers some common questions.
- Camp info, registration forms, & physical forms at Footballcamp.scarletknights.com
- Camp is open to any player entering 9th-12th grades in the fall of 2009.
- Cost is $300 with team discount.
- Camp dates are Sunday, June 28th through Wednesday, July 1st.
- A physical completed within one year of camp is required for all campers. A copy of this physical can be attached to the camp physical form.
- Attending the camp in completely optional and is in no way a requirement to play football in the fall.
- The camp is not sponsored by the Connetquot School District.
- Connetquot coaches will attend the camp, but only as guests of the Rutgers Football Program. The campers will be under the supervision of the Camp staff.
- Last year parents organized a coach bus for transportation to and from the camp for a cost of $50 each player.
- A meeting to collect all registration forms and payment will be held sometime in late May. Date & time TBA.
- When registering as a team all registration material must be sent in together as a team.
- Continue to check website, Connetquotfootball.com for updates and more information.
- Any questions please email Coach Hansen at Coachhansen@aol.com